Translate

Friday, June 13, 2014

Things That Make Me Irrationally Angry

Saturday, 14th of June, 2014

Ok, everyone gets angry. Everyone gets angry over things that matter. And I have no idea if i'm the only one that gets to the point of blood-boiling rage over things like a tomato seed stuck to a plate, and not being able to pick the slippery little things up. I know, why get mad over something like that? And you'd think it'd be an easy thing to do... Until you try doing it with gloves... I work in a sandwich shop. I have to wear those plastic gloves. Sandwiches have tomatoes. Tomatoes have seeds. Seeds fall out. They land on smooth surfaces and slide around between your plastic-glove-coated fingers, laughing at you evilly as you struggle with all your might to try to pick them up off that surface and throw them away. They laugh as you struggle when you could just hear them scream in horror and agony as you spray them off with the powerful spray nozzle at the sink, watch them go down the drain, and get right back to work, calmly and peacefully and with a healthy blood-pressure. I can just do that instead of struggle and get angry. So why don't I?... No clue. I got a scumbag brain, I guess. (Anyone get the meme reference?) X) I overcomplicate situations all the time, and take the tougher road when there's usually a point A to point B way to do things.
Anyways, so that's one of the things that makes me irrationally angry.
Another thing: when other people take my food. Now, I'm not a starving person. I have more food than I need. I've never gone hungry. I can afford to buy more food. There's more in the fridge and pantry. The way my brain sees it: "I served it exactly how I wanted it! Just the right portions, the prettiest piece of chicken, none of the slightly overcooked scrapings from the sides of the pan, and the plate's CLEARLY been set where I plan to sit." Or, "I picked that 'specially for me! It was mine!"
That first one, it was just that. Served what I wanted to eat and set it where I was gonna sit. I go back to the kitchen to serve other plates for my family, and when I come back, my grandpa had dug into my plate. I almost couldn't hide my anger. But he's my grandpa, he didn't know it was for me, he was visiting, and he's the sweetest old man you'll ever meet. He kinda looks like Jaws from the James Bond movies, but he's very kind and awesome.
The second one, "I picked that 'specially for me!...", goes like this: Some friends and I had gone to buy some donuts for us and everyone back at the house we were gathered at. I picked myself a blackberry stuffed, powdered sugar coated donut. Man, it looked goood! But when we got back to the house, I didn't feel like eating it right away. So I left it in the box and went to hang with my buddies. When I came back later, I saw one of the adults thoroughly enjoying my donut. Again, tough time hiding my anger. And again, he didn't know I had picked it for me. I have no idea why this stuff pisses me off so much. I could've bitten the donut and left it there; no one's gonna touch a started donut. I could've taken a few bites from my plate and left the fork on the plate, make sure it looks like it's been started. But in the moment, I don't think. I don't think when it comes to a lot of stuff, actually... Anyways, that's the second thing that makes me angrier than is normal for things like this.
The third thing: HICCUPS. I hate them. They're an unwelcome bodily... whatever they are. They're embarrassing, annoying and enraging. It's so frustrating to be speaking and constantly interrupted by hiccups. It's like a kid trying over and over to get your attention while you're speaking to another adult. Not that I'm an adult... mentally. They make one ten word sentence last forever. They're a waste of time. One time, I got them six different times in one day. That's gotta be a record.
I also hate stopping. I hate any reason that slows me down from getting to wherever I'm going. Red lights, stop signs, traffic, and ESPECIALLY speed bumps. All that time slowing down and stopping is time that could be spent already at the destination. All the stops added up equal sooooo much more free time that I COULD have if I could just fly everywhere. No need to stop for anything. Just depart and arrive. And I guess if I'm using the guidelines of "any reason that slows me down from getting to wherever I'm going", then hiccups and my over-complicating mind could technically fall into this category.
Anyways, these are things that make me incredibly angry even though none of them are good enough reasons to use so much energy hating. Maybe some day I'll learn to control my inner self and not get so angry over these things anymore. There are other things that make me angry. A LOT more things. But these are the irrational ones. Anyways, as usual, take care, God bless, and go out and try something new! And try to control your frustration over things that don't matter. There's a lesson for the both of us. Bye for now!

~Captain Polar Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment