Translate

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Drifting...

Saturday, 24th of May, 2014

I've been at sea for 5 months and 14 days. 17 more days till I am reunited with my love. The one that fills me with joy just to think of. Outlaw Tiger... *happy sigh!* ^__^
(In other words, my parents hated my boyfriend and made us do six months with no contact to prove to them that we're serious about each other.) I'm so excited that the deal is almost over! My parents have gone out to eat with him and talk and get to know him. They really like him now, and they've let us call each other every once in a while and see each other on Valentine's day and my birthday and every once in a while they'll invite him along to accompany us to church or out to eat. When the deal ends, we'll be able to communicate as we please and date like a normal couple.
As my crew and I drift on the seas, I've kept to my studies and duties in hopes that time will fly by. Currently, I am relaxing on deck, enjoying a short respite and attempting to attain funds to pay for these courses. I have another week before my next session of classes begins. I wait impatiently for June 2 and June 10th. The second for my classes to begin and the tenth for the deal to be over.
Anyways, how 'bout a flashback? X) Or a few. The first time I ever tried octopus... or squid. Still not sure what it was... This was when we lived in Puerto Rico. Many many years ago.... Ok, Between 3 and 6 years ago. Whatever. We went to this beautiful restaurant on the top floor of a 3 floor building. The third floor was a restaurant. I'm not sure about the other two floors. Anyways, it was beautiful. (I'm warning you, this first flashback is pretty anti-climactic.) We got a table next to one of the floor to ceiling windows with a view of the beach. My mom ordered this plate with mixed seafood and i tried the tentacle and it was really good actually. It had a texture like chicken, literally. But it had that seafood-y taste. Good stuff. :) Can't remember the name or exact location of the restaurant, but if I ever find it, I'll let you know.
Ok, let's see... What other flashbacks do I have that are actually at least a little bit amusing?
Oh, there was this one time that I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom... It was (literally) a dark and stormy night... Lightning illuminated the halls with every flash, and the thunder roaring across the skies shook the house like it was made of... something shaky. Anyways, my big brother woke up too, and I didn't know. He hid in the shadows of the hall, poised to scare me. I exited the bathroom and he goes, "BOO!" I screamed and slapped him. It was just a reaction. I slapped him pretty hard in the face... I have volleyball reflexes.
Lately I've gotten into making jewelery. Mostly bracelets. I call 'em... *drumroll* ... HAND LINGERIE! Here's five bracelets (five pieces of hand lingerie), two necklaces and a hair stick I've made. :)
I want to sell them and make some extra money, but I keep giving them away to friends and stuff. I'm gonna try and make more without giving them away to start selling, maybe on etsy or something. :)
Oh! And here's something cool: If you're in the Houston area, have a little bit of money to spend and have the taste buds of an explorer, there's a cool restaurant called "Underbelly". Believe it or not, they change their meal and dessert menu EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I've been there once. We ordered like three different dishes and loved them ALL. And they make their own cream soda!!! It's the stuff of dreams. Seriously. I love it. Their chef won the 2014 James Beard Foundation Award for best chef in the southwest. :D They promote not only exploring Houston food, but also Houston culture. We've got such an awesome mix of cultures and foods and things to do and places to go here. It'd take quite a while to try everything. Here's their website: http://underbellyhouston.com/

Go try something new! Explore! And take care, God bless, and all that good stuff. :D

~Captain Polar Bear
P.S. I'll make a better paw print for my signature some time. I made that one all quick just to have something. And the background for my website too. I'll design that myself also. Till then, I hope what I have now is enough to placate your desire for aesthetic stimulation or whatever I meant to say... X)

No comments:

Post a Comment