Translate

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

UTI Home Remedy

Tuesday, 7th of October, 2014

It turns out that I have a sensitive urinary tract. And when I say sensitive, I mean even the wrong body wash can set off a urinary tract infection. I'll just say uti from here on. I have had quite a few uti's within the past couple years. And I've taken the antibiotic courses twice to get rid of 'em. Those work just fine and dandy, but if you forget to take your pill once or twice, you run the risk of creating an antibiotic-resistant bacteria that will just make things worse and lead to more problems. However, I may have found a cure that will not mess with healthy bacteria levels, does not have the risk of creating stronger bacteria (so far as I know), and can be bought at any of a bazillion stores.
So you know cranberry pills promote a healthy urinary tract, right? You take 'em daily, sometimes with every meal. They come as softgels, tablets and chews. Well, they appear to also get rid of uti's! (I have yet to confirm with a doctor, but I doubt I'll have a chance to. I try taking them regularly and haven't gotten another uti in a good, nice, long while. If I ever do get another, I'll try this again and go to the doc once it feels like it's gone.) For me, the uti is gone in less than a day if you take a few extra pills early enough. Various sites explain that something in the vaccinium oxycoccos, or vaccinium macrocarpon, or just cranberry, if you will, prevents the E. Coli bacteria (Cause of uti's) from sticking to the walls of your urinary tract; so I assume it all just gets flushed out before it can cause any more problems. (WARNING: CHECK WITH A DOCTOR BEFORE, OR AFTER, LEAVING YOUR URINARY TRACT IN THE CARE OF FRUIT AND/OR PILLS.) This is what goes through my mind, "It's just cranberry. I doubt taking double the recommended dose will have any negative effects on me." So far, they haven't, so I don't worry. At the first sign of the uti, I take a couple extra caplets, wash 'em down with a nice big glass of water, and try avoiding sugar till it feels like i'm good again. From there, I'm good with going back down to the recommended 1 pill a day. And since the pills don't work on the bacteria, but rather the environment, I doubt resistant bacteria can come of simply taking a few extra cranberry pills. AGAIN, I REITERATE, I AM NOT A DOCTOR. I HAVE NOT CONDUCTED PROPER TRIALS. AND I AM ONE PERSON OUT OF BILLIONS. Maybe it won't work for you? Maybe it'll work BETTER for you? Who knows? If you do try it, like I said, go get yourself checked with the doc again to be sure.
I do prefer the "one a day" cranberry caplets to the six a day softgels. And so far, the most effective brand for me is Spring Valley, which I buy at Walmart.
So, as always, take care, God bless, and I love you all! 


-Captain Polar Bear



 P.S.
Image courtesy of onetreebrands.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment